One of the best things about 2021, so far, has been the roll out of COVID-19 vaccines. We are currently in the process of vaccinating our residents and staff members at all of our Anthem Memory Care communities.
Staff and residents are receiving their COVID-19 vaccinations!
It is so important, now more than ever, to make sure you have all the latest facts on COVID-19 and the roll that vaccines are playing in protecting all of us, especially those most vulnerable to the disease. Here are some key points from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) that bear noting:
- COVID-19 can have serious, life-threatening complications and there is no way to know how COVID-19 will affect you. If you get sick, you can spread the disease to friends, family and those around you.
- To date, all of the COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the U.S. are being shown to be highly effective in preventing COVID-19.
- While contracting COVID-19 may offer some natural protection, experts do not know how long this protection lasts. The risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19 far outweighs any benefits of natural immunity. The vaccine will help protect you by creating an antibody (immune system) response without having to experience sickness.
- Getting vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you, which is important, especially if you are around people who are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Wearing masks and social distancing help reduce your chance of being exposed to the virus or spreading it to others. However, these measures, alone, are not enough. Vaccines work with your immune system, so it will be ready to fight the virus if you are exposed.
- The combination of getting vaccinated and following CDC’s recommendations will offer you the best protection from COVID-19.
There is much more information on COVID and vaccinations on the CDC website, which you can access here.
Regardless of whether you are an adult child, caring for an aging parent, or you are young and live by yourself, it’s important to stay current as to the status of the pandemic and availability of vaccinations. And, don’t forget to do your part to stay safe, by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
We are all looking forward to the days when our families can once again come through our doors and hug their precious loved ones again! In the meantime, our amazing caregiving heroes inside our Anthem Memory Care communities continue to follow their passion and honor their commitment to protect, engage and love all of our wonderful residents.