Fact Sheet – Visitation Guidelines
PROTECT, ENGAGE & LOVE
We have established the following guidelines to protect all residents, visitors, and team members. Please understand that these guidelines were developed in coordination with the guidelines put forth by CDC/CMS/IDPH. If the state decides to discontinue these visits and/or change the guidelines, that will be communicated. Outdoor visits are highly encouraged and are the preferred method of visitation. We will continue to utilize Sign-Up Genius for visitation. Please note that if the weather is poor, the outdoor visit will be moved inside.
- Visitors and residents must always wear a face covering (covering mouth and nose). Physical touch is permitted for fully vaccinated residents.
- Visits will be hosted in resident suites, virtual, window, phone call, or outside and will be scheduled the same way the previous visits were, via signupgenius.com.
- We realize that some of our residents may not understand the rules and the reasons for these rules and therefore we reserve the right to discontinue visits if deemed unsafe. We need to strive to keep safety as our utmost concern.
- Visitors will participate in a screening 24 hours prior to the visit to be prescreened for symptoms and will then be asked again upon arrival to complete the COVID screening questionnaire as well as have their temperature taken.
- Hand Hygiene – the resident and visitor must practice proper hand hygiene prior to the visit. If you have questions about this, please ask.
- Social distancing still needs to be practiced in general, but when it comes to the 1:1 visit with fully vaccinated residents, they are permitted to embrace with their visitors. Social distancing must be maintained in essentially every other type of visitation and general resident to resident interactions.
- Resident suite appointments will be 30-minute windows to allow all families who wish to, the opportunity to visit.
- A maximum of 2 visitors at a time may come for the visit (children of all ages count as 1 of the 2 visitors). We need each visitor to sign up and provide their name, phone number and address on the registration so we can call for the prescreen the day before. There will be no swapping people in and out; the two people who are signed up must be the people who come to the visit for tracing purposes. Please communicate any changes with the Receptionist prior to the visit so proper screening can take place.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infection, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not permitted to participate in routine visitation.
- Residents receiving visitors should also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist prior to visitor’s arrival. Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high frequency touched surfaces and designated visitation areas will occur after each visit in the community, and additionally every 2 hours.
- The community is prepared to effectively cohort residents if necessary (e.g., separate areas dedicated COVID-19 care).
- Resident and staff testing continue to be conducted as required.
- We will not be able to honor visits for people who have not adhered to the established guidelines.
- We ask that you provide us with 24 hours’ notice of your plans to have your loved one leave the community. Fully vaccinated residents are permitted to leave the community without needing to quarantine upon return. Residents who are not fully vaccinated will be under a 14-day quarantine upon their return to the community following a non-medically necessary