Fact Sheet – Visitation Guidelines
PROTECT, ENGAGE & LOVE
We have established the following guidelines to protect all residents, visitors, and team members. Please understand that this is mandated by IDPH and we must follow their rules and guidelines. If the state decides to discontinue these visits and/or change the guidelines, I will communicate that to all of you. Outdoor visits are still highly encouraged and are the preferred method of visitation. Visitors and residents must always wear a face covering (covering mouth and nose). Physical touch is permitted for fully vaccinated residents.
- Visits will be hosted in resident suites, virtual or outside and will be scheduled the same way the previous visits were, please call the front desk to schedule.
- We realize that some of our residents may not understand the rules and the reasons for these rules and therefore reserve the right to discontinue visits if deemed unsafe. We need to strive to keep safety as our utmost concern.
- You may take your loved out of the community for a visit; lunch etc. non-vaccinated residents may not go out for a visit unless you are prepared for them to then be quarantined for 14 days after the outing. We do ask that masking and distancing be observed to the extent possible when out of the community.
- Visitors participate in a screening 24 hours prior to the visit to be prescreened for symptoms and will then be asked again upon arrival to complete the COVID screening questionnaire as well as have your temperature taken.
- Hand Hygiene – the resident and visitor must practice proper hand hygiene. If you have questions about this, please ask.
- Social distancing must be maintained to protect the health and safety of all parties.
- Visit appointments will be 60-minute windows to allow all families the opportunity to visit.
- A maximum of 2 visitors at a time may come for the visit (children of all ages count as 1 of the 2 visitors). We need each visitor to sign up and provide their name, phone number and address on the registration so we can call for the prescreen the day before. There will be no swapping people in and out; the two people who are signed up must be the people who come to the visit for tracing purposes. Please communicate any changes with the Receptionist prior to the visit so proper screening can take place.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infection, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not permitted to participate in routine visitation.
- Residents receiving visitors should also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist prior to visitor’s arrival. Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high frequency touched surfaces and designated visitation areas after each visit in the community every 2 hours utilizing the checklist for verification
- The community is prepared for effective cohorting of residents (e.g., separate areas dedicated COVID-19 care)
- Resident and staff testing conducted as required.
- We will not be able to honor visits for people who have not adhered to the established guidelines.
We will keep you and your family connected and involved in every aspect of their care.