Fact Sheet : Visitation Guidelines
We have established the following guidelines to protect all residents, visitors, and team members. Please understand that these guidelines were developed in coordination with the guidelines put forth by CDC/CMS/IDPH. If the state decides to discontinue these visits and/or change the guidelines, I will communicate that to all of you. Outdoor visits are still highly encouraged and are the preferred method of visitation. The appointments can be for outside visits or visits in resident suites. Effective 4/1/2021, any virtual visits that were previously scheduled outside of signupgenius.com will be discontinued, this includes routine calls with the activity department. If you would like virtual visits, they must be signed up for via the website.
- Visitors and residents must always wear a face covering (covering mouth and nose). Physical touch is permitted for fully vaccinated residents.
- Visits will be hosted in resident suites, virtual or outside and will be scheduled the same way the previous visits were, via signupgenius.com.
- We realize that some of our residents may not understand the rules and the reasons for these rules and therefore reserve the right to discontinue visits if deemed unsafe. We need to strive to keep safety as our utmost concern.
- Visitors participate in a screening 24 hours prior to the visit to be prescreened for symptoms and will then be asked again upon arrival to complete the COVID screening questionnaire as well as have your temperature taken.
- Hand Hygiene – the resident and visitor must practice proper hand hygiene. If you have questions about this, please ask.
- Social distancing still needs to be practiced in general, but when it comes to the 1:1 visit with fully vaccinated residents, they are permitted to embrace (violate the 6’ rule). Embracing is permitted to occur but maintain social distancing in essentially every other type of visitation and general resident to resident interactions.
- Visit appointments will be 60-minute windows to allow all families who wish to, the opportunity to visit.
- A maximum of 2 visitors at a time may come for the visit (children of all ages count as 1 of the 2 visitors). We need each visitor to sign up and provide their name, phone number and address on the registration so we can call for the prescreen the day before. There will be no swapping people in and out; the two people who are signed up must be the people who come to the visit for tracing purposes. Please communicate any changes with the Receptionist prior to the visit so proper screening can take place.
- Residents with active COVID-19 infection, either laboratory confirmed or symptomatic, are not permitted to participate in routine visitation.
- Residents receiving visitors should also be screened with the CDC symptom checklist prior to visitor’s arrival. Visitors displaying symptoms should not visit the facility.
- Cleaning and disinfecting high frequency touched surfaces and designated visitation areas after each visit in the community every 2 hours utilizing the checklist for verification.
- The community is prepared for effective cohorting of residents (e.g., separate areas dedicated COVID-19 care).
- Resident and staff testing conducted as required.
- We will not be able to honor visits for people who have not adhered to the established guidelines.
- Fully vaccinated residents are permitted to leave the community without needing to quarantine upon return. We ask that you provide us with 24 hours’ notice of your plans to have your loved one leave the community.
- These guidelines and schedules are subject to change. Please contact Emerald Place at 224-206-9588 if you have any questions. Updated 3/26/2021.